Sunday, October 16, 2011

Hello Friend

I've spent lots of time at my craft desk this weekend. I made a couple of cards, but I was mainly sorting out new stamp sets into the A5 binders I use to store them. I have so many Hero Arts stamps now that I've had to buy another binder so that I can divide them between 'Clear' and 'Cling'.

Speaking of Hero Arts, I used some on the card in today's entry which is based on the inspiration photo from Scrapbook Boutique's latest challenge:


I took in the flower and the tiny silver balls and created the following card:


Hello Friend (1)


The daisy-like flowers are Tattered Florals by Tim Holtz. Stamped Chateau Grey Versacolor ink with Hero Arts Dotted Pattern on one daisy.


Hello Friend (2)

Stamped metal brad with Chateau Grey ink and dipped in Ultra Fine embossing powder (Hero Arts). Heat set it and covered with glossy accents for a bit of shine.


Hello Friend (3)


Assembled the flower on Canson Mi-Tientes textured cardstock (I believe this colour is 'Stone' but I can't be sure!) which I paper pierced the top and bottom of. Stamped the sentiment (All Occasion Messages by Hero Arts) with Versafine Onyx Black ink.

Thanks for taking a look! I'm off to enjoy the rest of my Sunday which looks to be a beautiful one!

Catch you later,

6 comments:

  1. Wow.......simply perfect! So glad you were able to join in the fun on Scrapbook Boutique. Looking forward to seeing more of your work too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous CAS design! Love your flower with its glittery centre! Thanks for joining us at Scrapbook Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love the stunning simplicity of this card!
    Thanks so much for taking the Scrapbook Boutique challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Jess! This is simply gorgeous. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a clean and simple beauty Jess, the big flower really makes an impact!!
    so envious of your 'sorting' time, sounds fabulous!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Scrapbook Boutique! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fabulously elegant in it's simplicity!! Love your take on the pic. Lovely subtle dots too. Thanks for joining in our challenge at scrapbook boutique xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!