Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sent with much love

I'm back to share another challenge from Sentimental Sundays. This week's challenge is a sketch!
So here's the sketch (by lovely teamster Dorcas):


And here is my interpretation:



Sent with much love (1)


Here's a close-up of the flower:



Sent with much love (2)

This card started out so different to what it ended up being! I originally had it as a C6 card (A5 folded in half), then shortened it until it was some weird size that would have been difficult to find an envelope for, and then finally gave up to the inevitable and made it the usual 4" square.

I needed something on the flower (made by cutting notches into big scalloped nestabilities) to match the strip of fabric tape (given to me in a swap by the lovely and super-talented Karen Baker!) and thought thread would be the answer, but I didn't have any of the right colour. So I ran some ordinary white sewing cotton along my Peach copic marker which matched the colour of the fabric tape exactly!

So that's it from me, but you can see what the rest of the Sentimental Sundays team have created this week at the Sentimental Sundays challenge blog. You have until next Sunday to submit your entry, and the random winner will receive four individual sets of digital sentiments from Raindrop Echo Designs Whimsy Stamps Digital Collection, and a custom watermark from the Custom Designs at Whimsy Stamps!

Size of card: 4" square

Supplies:
Card/paper - Bazzill cardstock, Kodak matte photo card
Stamp - Love You Sayings set from Whimsy Stamps
Ink - printer
Extra - button, sewing thread, Peach copic marker, fabric tape
Tools - Carl rotary trimmer, Helmar glue runner, foam dots, Pixma printer, Bigshot, Big scalloped circle nestabilities


Thanks so much for looking, have a lovely day!

15 comments:

  1. What a sweet card Jess. That sentiment is lovely with the little hearts going through it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Jess. Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog, glad someone else feels like I do sometimes. Have a great week. Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, wow! So glad that you could use some of the tape, and such a lovely and graphic way! This card is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Jess! I love the CAS look, and your flower is so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Jess, simple but strikingly elegant ;) I love the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Jess, so elegant :)

    Have a great week!
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jess I agree with Joanna very elegant and striking and I also love pink.
    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jess your card is perfectly done with the simplest sentiment that steals the show! Love the little hearts attached with it! It's great to work with you are SS! :-) Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW - gorgeous card! I love the clean lines.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jess~ this card is just so darling and cute!

    ♥ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. fabulous CAS card, just love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet card Jess and i love the cleaness of the card its great! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love how this came out Jess! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is BEAUTIFUL! Such a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!