Friday, September 3, 2010

I've been busy!

I just saw that I haven't posted in a week! I think that's a new record for me. I've been busy though. My patterned paper was a mess, I had about a zillion new ribbons to add to my ribbon ring, and I just needed to spend some time in my Craft Zone re-inventing my storage situation.

I've also been adding lots of items to my Madeit shop - including the paper flowers that I make, as well as little fabric flowers made out of scraps of material my MIL gave me.

I do have a card to share though:

Pina Colada handmade card (view 1)


And here's a view from the top to show that the butterfly does line up with the hole:

Pina Colada handmade card (view 2)


I found the bright stripy paper in my patterned paper stash while organising it. I grouped my Kaisercraft papers into collections and then grouped them by type (florals, vintage, masculine, etc) and I noticed that there were a few papers that didn't fit into any of the general categories - this paper included (Pina Colada - Swizzle Stick and Sugar Syrup. They aren't usually something I would buy anyway (who knows why I did - perhaps they were on sale?) so I'm going to try to use these up soon.

I do like sentiment-less cards - they were the type I always bought before I started making my own cards, but I rarely make any that don't have a sentiment on them! Go figure!

Size of card: C6, top folding

Supplies:
Card/paper - Quill white cardstock, Kaisercraft Pina Colada - Swizzle Stick and Sugar Syrup
Tools - Carl rotary trimmer, Helmar glue runner, Sullivans 1" circle punch, Carl 1 1/8" punch


Thanks for looking! Hope everyone has a lovely weekend ;)

3 comments:

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!