Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Happy Birthday

This is a bit of a joke card - a friend at work asked me to make a card from their cat to her husband for his birthday. I instantly thought of the gorgeous little Michu from Softpencil and had to use him again (I cut him out of this image).

Softpencil is actually having a sale at the moment - buy one image and get one free. Bargain!

Happy Birthday (2 of 2)


Here's a closer look:

Happy Birthday (1 of 2)


I paper pieced the kitty - but now thinking about it I didn't have to, I could have just printed it straight on to the layer that I have the 'Happy Birthday' on, but I always like doing things the hard way! I used the same digital paper that I used for Michu but in green to make grass... I love the little scene that it creates!

Looking at it today though, I think I should have put the sentiment down lower, just above the top of the grass, and Michu should have been standing a little bit below the top of the grass, but oh well, I can always make another one!

Oh and I used my favourite font - Pupcat - for the sentiment.

Size of card: 4" square

Supplies:
Card/paper - Quill white cardstock, Epson matte photo paper
Stamps - Michu by Softpencil, Chic Jessica by Woofy World at MyGrafico
Ink - printer
Extra - DMC thread
Tools - Carl rotary trimmer, Helmar glue runner, Papercraft foam dots, Canon Pixma printer, Scissors


Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous card Jess! I love the soft colored papers you used and the clean layout :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!