Friday, April 23, 2010

Hello - Cardpatterns Sketch #60

This is my second attempt at watercolouring on a card, and I think I'm getting better at it! Obviously I have to master shading yet, but at least it isn't dark and splotchy like the first card I tried it on.

Cardpatterns Sketch #60

The butterfly is actually a ding, which is a font that is pictures instead of letters. Check out Fontspace for this one and more.

This is also the first card I've used distressing techniques on with my new Snow Block... I'm having lots of fun with it!
To get the 'inny and outy bits' for the sentiment I used my Fiskars 'Clouds' paper edgers in opposing directions.
I sponged the edges of the sentiment and the butterfly with 'Petal Pink' Versacolor ink which I also used to watercolour the lighter pinks on the butterfly.

Size of card: C6 (A5 folded)
Supplies:
Card/Paper - Quill cardstock, Studio B patterned paper, Grant Archival plain paper
Ink - 'Petal Pink' and 'Pink' Versacolor, 'Onyx Black' Versafine + yellow Faber-Castell coloured pencil
Stamp - Inkadinkado
Tools - Fiskars shapecutter, Fiskars paper trimmer, Zig H2O pen, Bostik glue tape, Fiskars 'Clouds' paper edgers, Snow Block

Challenge: Cardpatterns #60

2 comments:

  1. Jess this is adorable! Love all the pink and that sweet little butterfly you used. Glad you could join us on Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!